Sunday, August 21, 2011

Presidential vacational reading

OK, so my first thought upon hearing President Obama was going on vacation was:

I wonder what he's gonna read?


During his vacation last year, word got out that he was reading an ARC of Freedom by Jonathan Franzen, and I was all happy to know about his reading life.


So this little piece from the Daily Beast was well-timed. It's a list of all the books President Obama has read since he was elected.


It's a pretty good list. I was glad to see a few novels in there--a guy in a high-pressure job needs a little bit of a break.


And stumbling across the Daily Beast list made me Google to find out what he's reading this year, and yes, guys, it's out there!


So, yes, I'm a snoop. The man's trying to be vacationing, and I'm all scrutinizing his reading material. But it's interesting, you know?

2 comments:

Kim (Sophisticated Dorkiness) said...

I really liked the president's vacation reading list. He had a lot of great titles on it.

Unruly Reader said...

I like it, too. I like the fact that he seems like a real actual *reader.*